- 10 ounces angel hair pasta
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- ¾ cup white wine
- juice of one lemon
- 1½ cups seeded and chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped basil
- grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and then salt generously with kosher salt. Add angel hair pasta and cook according for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ⅓ cup or so of pasta water and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the garlic and the red pepper flakes. Cook for one minute or until garlic becomes fragrant. Add the shrimp and season with kosher salt. Cook for two minutes on one side then flip and cook for another minute or until just cooked through.
- Add white wine, lemon and tomatoes and cook for another two minutes. Add butter and stir until butter melts through. Add pasta and cook to warm through while adding pasta water for more sauce if desired. Garnish basil and parmesan cheese and serve.