- Whole pineapple
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup peppers, diced (any combination of red, orange, yellow or green peppers)
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 2 limes
- Salt and Pepper
- Optional: 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- To make the pineapple bowl, cut about ⅓ of the pineapple off, leaving the stem attached to the larger piece of the pineapple. Make a cut around the outer edge of the pineapple fruit and make cuts across the middle too. Use a metal spoon to loosen and scoop out the pineapple chunks. Pour the extra juice out of the pineapple bowl so that it is empty.
- Dice enough of the pineapple chunks to make one cup of diced pineapple to be used for the salsa and save the rest for another use.
- In a small bowl, mix together diced pineapple, diced tomatoes, diced peppers, minced onions, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the salsa to the pineapple bowl for serving.