- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked Spanish rice
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain if needed. Add the taco seasoning and the water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the rice. Cook and stir until all the liquid is evaporated.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the refried beans, ¼ cup of the beef mixture and 1 tablespoon of cheese down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Combine the salsa and the soup. Pour down the center of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Serve topped with chopped cilantro.
- recipe adapted from allrecipes.com (recipe on longer available online)