- Oreo Crust:
- 20 Oreos
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Cheesecake layer:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Coconut Caramel Layer:
- 11 ounce package caramels, like Kraft
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1½ cup coconut, toasted
- Chocolate drizzle:
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 8×8 baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil allowing the sides to overhang for easy removal.
- In a food processor, pulse the oreos into a fine crumb. In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir the crushed cookies and butter together. Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 9-10 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla together until it has a smooth and creamy consistency. Spread over the crust. Bake it for 30-35 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate for an hour.
- To make the coconut caramel layer: Add the caramel and heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl and cook 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth. Add the toasted coconut. Let cool for about 10 minutes and spread on top of the cheesecake layer. Add back to the fridge and chill for 3 hours.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl cooking 30 seconds at a time until smooth. Drizzle on top of caramel. I like to let my bars sit for about 30 minutes before cutting to let the caramel soften a bit.