What You’ll Need
* 4 Sticks Butter
* 4 cups Sugar
* 4 cups All purpose flour; Can use cake flour if desired
* 8 large Eggs
* 8 ounce Cream Cheese
* 2-3 Tablespoons Vanilla extract
* 1 cup Brown sugar
* 1 cup Pecans; (some should be crushed)
* Caramel Syrup; (like you put on Ice Cream)
* Original recipe makes 12 Servings
How to Make It
* Preheat oven to 300 degrees
* I leave my cream cheese, butter and eggs out to reach room temp.
* In Mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add eggs one or two at a time, then add flour one cup at a time.
* Last, add 2 to 3 tsp of vanilla flavoring.
* Grease and flour your tube pan (not a bundt pan)
* Pour in batter
* Sprinkle pecans and brown sugar on top, lightly press into the batter.
* Bake on 300 degree for 1 hour and 15 minutes, (you may want to tent the top with foil if it is browning to fast or nuts are scorching)
* increase heat to 325 and bake another 30 minutes.
* You can test for doneness with a wooden skewer. If you insert and cake is not done (still wet), allow to bake a little longer until skewer can be inserted and comes out dry. Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before removing from pan. When you invert onto a plate, you may lose a few nuts, Then, drizzle with a jar of caramel to your liking.
* As you can see there are some ingredients missing that are in most cakes such as milk, baking powder, baking soda, salt etc… Feel free to tweak your cake to your liking, but this is what I found works best.