- 1 can of large refrigerator biscuits
- ¾ cup refried beans, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¾ cup prepared taco meat, divided
- Optional garnishes: chopped tomato, chopped green onion, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Flatten a biscuit on the foil using the heel of your hand, starting from the center and working your way outward.
- Spread one tablespoon of refried beans onto the flattened biscuit.
- Top refried beans with a tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of prepared taco meat onto the cheese.
- Fold the biscuit by pulling one side up over the other and sealing the edges with your finger. Crimp the edges and poke a few holes in top with a fork.
- Drizzle some of the juice from the taco meat over the empanada. Top with another tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Repeat these steps for all empanadas.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.