- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts, if preferred)
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chilies
- 8 (10-inch) corn or flour tortillas
- 12 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Spray slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken to slow cooker insert and pour2 cups of enchilada sauce over the chicken. Cook on High setting for 4 hours or low setting for 8 hours. Shred chicken with a fork in the enchilada sauce. Drain green chilis and add to the chicken along with the diced onion. Mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon chicken mixture into the center of each flour tortilla. Top with about ½ cup grated cheese and fold two ends of tortilla over the filled center. Place the tortilla seam side down into the baking dish. Repeat until all tortillas have been filled.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the assembled tortillas. Top with grated cheese. Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until cheese has melted thoroughly and has become bubbly.
- Garnish with green onions or cilantro, if desired.