- I loaf crusty french bread (either a little short & fat or long & lean)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 2/3 cup shredded provel (you can substitute provolone)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut loaf in 1/2. Brush with butter, sprinkle lightly with less than 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. I use the shaker top. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of dried parsley. Spread each cheese over the top making sure to evenly distribute over the bread. Sprinkle with the other 1/2 tablespoon of dried parsley.
- Place on cookie sheet and back for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Turn the broiler on for the last minute of cooking to lightly brown the top. Stay close as broilers are unpredictable.