Baking soda is definitely one of the most versatile ingredients out there. Its positive benefits range from fighting off colds and flu, to treating cancer. Therefore, you should always have baking soda in your household. Additionally, this potent ingredient is very helpful for prevention of diarrhea, acidity, drug intoxication, peptic ulcers, and metabolic acidosis.
Also, baking soda is a highly recommendable skin care product as it will make your skin smoother and shinier than ever before. For that purpose, take a look at some of the best ways to use baking soda:
- You had a tense workout session? Don’t worry; simply drink a tsp of baking soda and a glass of water and the pain will soon go away.
- If you suffer from nail fungus and grime, apply a bit of baking soda onto a nail brush and scrub the affected areas with it.
- For people who have problems with smelly and itchy feet, it’s highly recommendable to soak their feet for 20 minutes in a mixture of 3 tbsp of baking soda, 1 tsp of salt, and a bit of peppermint essential oil.
- Bad breath again? No worries; refresh it instantly by gargling some baking soda.
- In order to whiten your teeth, apply a bit of baking soda onto your toothbrush and brush the teeth with it.
- If you suffer from acne and if you have dead skin and surplus facial oil, baking soda can be very helpful. Namely, mix a tsp of baking soda and a tsp of water, and then rub the affected areas with the mixture.
- Baking soda is an excellent scrub for insect bites and itching caused by sumac, oak, and poison ivy. You need to mix equal amounts of baking soda and water and scrub the affected areas with the paste.
- Speed up the drying of herpes and sore lesions by rubbing the affected areas with a mixture of baking soda and water.
- If you suffer from acid reflux, what is important is to create a more alkaline environment in your body. For this purpose, you need baking soda. Mix ½ tsp of baking soda and 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice and ACV. After the fizzling stops, add 230 ml of water and drink the mixture. Thanks to this drink, your pH levels will be balanced and the acidosis will reduce.
- According to Dr. Mark Simoncini, a mixture of baking soda and molasses can prevent and treat fungal infections, diabetes, and cancer.
- If you have oral thrush, you should gargle a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Treat urinary tract infections by drinking a mixture of 230 ml of water and ½ tsp of baking soda twice per day.
- Mix lemon juice or acv with baking soda and drink the mixture to lower thrombosis symptoms.
- If you suffer from Candida yeast, mix warm water and 1 tsp of baking soda and shower with it. This will significantly lower the itching.
Important to know:
-Children under the age of 5 mustn’t consume baking soda.
-Pregnant women are not advised to consume baking soda.
-If you take certain medications, always consult your physician before consuming baking soda.
-You should always dissolve baking soda before using it.
-Don’t use baking soda treatments for more than 2 weeks.